Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Blue skies smiling at me

Over the weekend we visited my mother at her farm in north east Victoria. It was freezing cold, and we returned tired and smelling of wood smoke as I spent the entire weekend either shivering or standing in front of the Aga in the kitchen or the fire place in the living room.

She has a wonderful garden with a variety of interesting non native trees including mulberry, pomegranate, avocado, grapefruit, willow, liquid amber and more.

This is a view of the icy blue sky through the branches of an oak tree.





I will post some more pictures of her garden in winter soon.

And just because I feel like it, a beautiful 1950s retro print for fabric:



Image

This is Calyx, by Lucienne Day, designed in 1951. I love the coral red and blue together.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails