Thursday, July 16, 2009

A bird's nest and a wonderful place to rest

We found a lovely little bird's nest in our garden on the weekend. My daughter convinced me it was abandoned, and she was right. Here it is, still attached to the little maple tree branches. Its residents come to our garden over summer, they are little green wren things, very tiny and chirpy.



There were no eggs in it. What a relief.




Image: Joanna Henderson

I have a bit of a thing about bird's nests. Weird I know, it must be the idea of holding someone's little home in your hands.

The best nests are those which are lined with feathers. Why can't all our beds be like that. Or this? Here is a bird's nest for humans.

Image

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Nests are so charming. I love that bed, it looks so comfortable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails